The Grand Valley Chapter of PRSSA was founded in the 1990s and each year we grow more and more in numbers and knowledge. We are a pre-professional organization preparing students for their future careers in public relations and others in the communications industry through speakers, workshops, agency tours, PRSSA national trips, and our student-run firm GrandPR.
Today, PRSSA has more than 10,000 members in 300 plus chapters on college campuses across the United States and 3 countries in South America. It is recognized as the most prestigious public relations organization for students in the country.
Our chapter at Grand Valley is a national award-winning chapter that aims to move the needle each and every year. Some of our recent accomplishments include:
- 2021 GVSU Student Life Outstanding Educational Program Award
- 2021 GVSU Student Life Care for Community Award
- 2020 GVSU Student Life Art Hills Spirit Award
- 2020 GVSU Student LifeCommunity Impact Award
- 2020 Dr. F.H. Teahan Chapter Diversity Award (PRSSA)
- 2020 PRSSA Star Chapter Award
- 2020 Best Campaign Award, PRSSA Student-Firm Awards – GrandPR, DSR Team
- 2019 PRSSA Star Chapter Award
- “Gold Award for Events and Observances longer than 7 days” from PRoof Awards in 2019 for GrandPR’s “Sawyer’s Day” campaign.
- “Gold Award for Events and Observances longer than 7 days” from PRoof Awards in 2019 for GrandPR’s “Timeless Ten” campaign.
- Chapter Faculty Advisor, Adrienne Wallace, was awarded WMPRSA’s Professional of the Year at PRoof Awards in 2019.
- Trevor Bryan, 2018-2019 GV PRSSA Chapter President, was awarded WMPRSA’s Student of the Year at PRoof Awards in 2019.
- Planning and hosting a Regional Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan in April 2017.
- Receiving two “Pacesetter Award”s from PRSSA National in 2017.
- Creating our own Podcast featured on Soundcloud and iTunes in 2016.
- Receiving the “Best Campaign” Award from PRSSA National for GrandPR’s participation in the Bateman competition in 2016.
- 2015 PRSSA Star Chapter Award
- Hosting a statewide Leadership Conference in 2015.
For more information on member benefits and how to join, visit our membership page.