The Grand Valley Chapter of PRSSA was founded in the 1990’s and each year we grow more and more in numbers and knowledge. We are a pre-professional organization preparing students for their future careers in public relations and others in the communications industry through speakers, workshops, agency tours, PRSSA national trips, and our student-run firm GrandPR.
Today, PRSSA has more than 10,000 members in 300 plus chapters on college campuses across the United States and 3 countries in South America. It is recognized as the most prestigious public relations organization for students in the country.
Our chapter at Grand Valley is a national award-winning chapter that aims to move the needle each and every year. Some of our recent accomplishments include:
- Planning and hosting a Regional Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan in April 2017.
- Receiving two “Pacesetter Award”s from PRSSA National in 2017.
- Creating our own Podcast featured on Soundcloud and iTunes in 2016.
- Receiving the “Best Campaign” Award from PRSSA National for GrandPR’s participation in the Bateman competition in 2016.
- Winning the “Star Chapter” Award from PRSSA National in 2015.
- Hosting a statewide Leadership Conference in 2015.
For more information on member benefits and how to join, visit our membership page.